Schedule your free consultation today
Garage doors not only come in metallic materials but are currently also made of wood. A wooden garage door is considered classy by most people who use them. Even they sometimes need to be repaired.
Wooden Garage Doors Types
The type of a wooden garage door depends on the type of wood that is used to make it. The following are the three commonly used wood types in the manufacture of wooden garage doors.
This is the most basic type of wooden garage door and also the cheapest type. It sometimes comes with an exterior skin made of hardwood to give it a better outward appearance. Plywood is thin and therefore has to be insulated. A layer of foam core is used for this purpose.
Cedar is naturally resistant to decay, insects, rot, and moisture. It comes in two colours, mainly red or white, but can be modified by staining to the desires of the owners of the garage where it is to be installed. To maintain its durability, the cedar garage door has to be every year.
The best type of wood used in the making of garage doors. The doors are built using layers of wood to minimize the chances of warping caused by contact with a lot of heat or water. Painting and staining of the wood are possible.
Advantages of a Wooden Garage Door
- They can be custom made. Wooden garage doors can be customized according to the user’s specifications.
- They come in a wide variety of prices. Their prices range from cheap to expensive. The cheap ones are made from light wooden frames while the expensive ones are made from cedar, redwood, hemlock, or mahogany.
- They are dent-proof, unlike the aluminum or steel doors. Wood does not dent.
- They are beautiful. You are given the ability to choose the kind of wood that you like and even the design and stain.
Disadvantages of a Wooden Garage Door
- They generally require high maintenance. They should be painted or stained every two years to maintain their fresh look.
- They are not durable when it comes to water.
- They cost more because of their custom making.
- Insulation problems.
If your garage door malfunctions or breaks down, you can give us a call at any time to fix it for you at your convenience. We have the best well-trained professionals with experience in handling all kinds of garage door issues. We are available 24/7 and will come promptly so long as you get in touch.
Brands we work with:
- Wayne Dalton;
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you work on weekends?
We work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year including weekends. Also, you can call us 24/7.
What services do you offer?
We are proud to offer our customers residential, commercial garage door repair, replacement, installation. We also repair openers, springs, rollers, cables, keyboards.
Do you provide emergency services?
We are open 24 hours a day and can contact you at any time if you need an emergency garage door repair.
How to choose a good garage door company?
The best thing to do is to check reviews, to call them, to find signs indicating that the company is legal and reputable, insured and licensed.
Do you have a warranty?
We have a minimum annual warranty for new doors and openers. We also offer a five year spring warranty.
What People Think About Us
My garage door wouldn't open and I called 1800 Garage Doors! The tech was on time. There was no way to push them about. They did a great job. Recommend!
Highly recommend 1800 Garage Doors, my garage opener didn't work. I called them and they fixed my garage door that same day.!
Fast service. Great installer. Thanks, set up all my remotes, and cleaned up after done, thanks.